Who We Are:
We are simply a bunch of ordinary sinners who have experienced the grace of God in Christ and who want to spend ourselves for the One who loved us and gave Himself for us.
Who We are Striving to be:
By the grace of God, it is our hearts desire to be: A gospel-focused, cross-cultural, Christ-centered community of faith with an outward face toward Atlantic City.
As we strive to be a local body of Christ in the Atlantic City/ Ventnor area, we make a lot of mistakes and blunders. The good news is that there is always room for another imperfect person who is on this lifelong journey of being conformed into the image of Jesus.
Our church exists to exalt Jesus, evangelize the nations, enfold them into the church, educate them in the faith and equip them for works of service.
In reliance upon the grace of God we desire to establish a cross cultural worshipping community, centered in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which will produce equipped, maturing disciples who become God’s instruments of grace, justice, and mercy and to help plant like minded churches throughout the Atlantic City region and beyond.
We plan to accomplish our vision by...
– Producing cross-cultural, joyful, God honoring worship.
– Producing disciples knowledgeable of the Bible, its application to personal Godliness, culture and issues of justice.
– Becoming a church of compassion comprised of praying believers willing to give themselves away for the cause of the least and the lost across all racial, social and economic divisions.
– Building strategic bridges between our church and the communities in which we live, work and play.
– Planting new churches and partnering with existing churches across the Atlantic City region and around the world to strategically do the above.
Who We Worship:
Along with the Magi from the east, we worship Christ the King (Mt. 2:11), God come visit us in the flesh (John 1:14). With the help of the third person of the holy Trinity we join the heavenly chorus singing,
“Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!” (Rev. 5:12).
“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!” (Rev. 5:13).
He is the One God the Father sent into the world to save us from our sins (John 6:39), He is the One whom the Spirit of God testifies to (John 15:26) and He invites you to come to Him for eternal life! He Himself invites you with these words recorded in John 6:37-40:
“All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”